• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    BARRE — Democrat Matt Dunne formally launched his campaign Monday, vowing to preserve Vermont’s... Full Story
    Dunne kicks off campaign promising ‘new leadership’
    WASHINGTON — Vermont’s congressional delegation is divided between outright opposition and “wait... Full Story
    BRATTLEBORO — The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has shot down a request from the Shumlin... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS