• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    FAIR HAVEN — Residents will go to the polls Tuesday to vote, for a second time this year, on the... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — A fragmented Vermont Supreme Court on Friday sided with developers of a major solar... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — The state has issued a possession permit to an East Montpelier woman to keep a wild... Full Story
    Duck flap settled: Peep can stay
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS