• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    A prominent member of the Republican Party says the GOP is about to get a major political... Full Story
    GOP leaders: Advocate Lisman running for governor
    IRA A family outing at an Ira hunting lodge was cut short when a 9-year-old girl was... Full Story
    RUTLAND An unattended candle caused a fire leaving eight or nine people without a home and... Full Story
    Candle fire kills two pets
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS