• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News

    MONTPELIER — Sen. Bernie Sanders raised an eye-popping $5. Full Story

    CONCORD, N.H. — Vermont Sen. Full Story

    One win each, fight moves forward
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS