• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    RUTLAND —Kerry Branon’s upbringing in Vermont helped inspire her to care for the lives around... Full Story
    WATERBURY — Five years after Tropical Storm Irene hit the state, an artist from Waterbury recalls... Full Story
    After Irene: Envisioning a better future
    The Vermont State Labor Council AFL-CIO has endorsed the Democratic slate of statewide candidates... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS