• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    MONTPELIER — After 42 years of on-the-job training, has U.S. Sen. Full Story
    Milne sees Leahy’s long tenure as a problem
    MONTPELIER — The Green Mountain Care Board voted Wednesday to advance a draft agreement with the... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — A WCAX poll released Monday evening gives Republican gubernatorial nominee Phil... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS