• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    MONTPELIER A bill dealing with independent contractors was resurrected from a quiet death only ... Full Story
    MONTPELIER The House Democratic leadership backed away from a vote on legalizing marijuana... Full Story
    New forensic evidence tied to a 35-year-old case of an unidentified female homicide victim found ... Full Story
    Unidentified homicide victim may have ties to Vermont
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS