• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013

    WINOOSKI Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News

    While some people say we should wait and see, and others are saying now’s the time or... Full Story

    MIDDLEBURY — Not content with ruling the Internet, cat videos pounced on the big screen... Full Story

    Celebrating comical cats caught on camera

    Republicans are crying foul over the latest unemployment rate released by the Vermont... Full Story

    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS