• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    The Vermont Supreme Court ruled Friday that brush-hogging a field does not earn an agricultural... Full Story
    WASHINGTON — Hiring has been strong in the past year in many presidential campaign swing states, ... Full Story
    Hiring healthy in Vt., political swing states
    SALT LAKE CITY — The utopic communities envisioned by a wealthy Mormon businessman near religious... Full Story
    Mormon church fights futuristic site in Vt.
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS