• Man rescued from Winooski fire
    August 03,2013
     

    WINOOSKI — Authorities say a fire that destroyed an apartment building in Winooski was started accidentally by a cigarette.

    No one was injured in the fire Thursday afternoon, but one man who was sleeping in an apartment was rescued by neighbors who kicked in the door.

    The Burlington Free Press reported that smoke was pouring from the building when a group of neighbors kicked in the door and grabbed John Maloney. Within minutes, the apartment house was ablaze with the windows blowing out.

    The Red Cross said it was providing shelter for three of the four tenants and the fourth said he had a temporary place to stay.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    The Vermont Agency of Transportation has decided to yank a new seat belt safety ad from the... Full Story
    State pulls seat belt safety ad
    “Vermont is still at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to state support for higher education. Full Story
    MONTPELIER — Incumbents, first-timers and perennial candidates have filed paperwork with their... Full Story
    Vt. candidates file for Senate, House races
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS