12-year-old boy recovering from Vt power accident
SPRINGFIELD A 12-year-old boy who suffered a high-voltage shock when he grabbed an electrical line at a substation in Vermont in May is back home and making progress in his recovery.
Ian Treadway had climbed into a gated substation in Springfield operated by Green Mountain Power and grabbed the electrical line, leaving him with second- and third-degree burns on his face and upper body. He was in a medically induced coma for part of his recovery.
Treadway told the Eagle Times he cant explain why he went to the substation after school. He said the most challenging part of his day is being unable to get his arm back to a full extension.
Doctors were able to graft skin from his thighs and lower back to cover his neck, chest and arms.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed