• State Street Slam canceled
    By
     | July 23,2013
     

    MONTPELIER — The 2013 State Street Slam has been canceled, say its organizers, the Montpelier Recreation Department and Montpelier Alive. The event was scheduled for Aug. 4 but was pulled because of lower-than-expected registration numbers and a lack of confirmed sponsors.

    “We are very sorry that we have had to make this decision,” said Jenny Bartlett, program coordinator for the Recreation Department. “I still believe this event is possible for future summers, but we want to be sure any event with our name on it is done to its fullest potential.”

    Montpelier Alive echoed that sentiment.

    “It’s unfortunate that we have to cancel this program, because we all love it,” said Phayvanh Luekhamhan, executive director of Montpelier Alive.

    Both organizations have set up a planning committee that will look for ways to improve the event for future years. Anyone interested in joining the committee should call Montpelier Alive at 223-9604. People looking for refunds from preregistration should call the Montpelier Recreation Department at 225-8699.

    State Street and downtown businesses will be open as usual Aug. 4.

    MORE IN This Just In
    SOUTH BURLINGTON — While thinking about space exploration might be associated with Cape... Full Story
    While the State Department announced Wednesday that Rutland had been approved as a resettlement... Full Story
    GRANITEVILLE — Vermont State Police say a Graniteville teenager was arrested as a fugitive from... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS