Vt home hit by flooding, fire
FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.
The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.
Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.MORE IN This Just InCABOT — Cabot Creamery’s permit to dispose of its dairy processing wastewater by spreading it on... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed