• Vt home hit by flooding, fire
     | July 12,2013

    FAIRLEE — Fire broke out in a house in Fairlee as the property was being flooded Wednesday.

    The fire chief told WCAX-TV the homeowners were cooking when floodwaters began washing away their driveway. They got distracted by the storm and didn’t notice when hot oil in the kitchen sparked flames.

    Fire crews said a road washout made it hard for them to reach the house, but they were able to put out the fire eventually.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — Maralina Moore tucked away the game-winning goal on a 20-yard free kick in the 68th... Full Story
    HARDWICK — The fourth-seeded Wildcats were on their heels at halftime before rallying with a pair... Full Story
    BRISTOL — Goals from Brynne Quirion, Kia Cormier and Kyle Marie Heckler helped the red-hot... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS