• Firefighters save house in Vt. town
    April 30,2013

    SOUTH HERO — A fire has damaged a home in South Hero, Vt., affiliated with a therapeutic horseback riding program.

    When the fire department originally received the call at about 11:15 p.m. Sunday, the caller said residents were trapped in the home.

    The Grand Isle Fire Department and South Hero Rescue were also dispatched to respond. Upon arrival, the fire departments learned that everyone had made it out of the home. No injuries were reported.

    The fire had extended into the attic, but the fire departments were able to extinguish the fire and save much of the home. Damages were over $15,000.

    Firefighters say it appears the fire was accidental.

    The fire department says the building’s tenant is the Champlain Adaptive Riding Center in South Hero.

    MORE IN Vermont News
    MONTPELIER — The political wing of Planned Parenthood is doubling down on its attack on... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — Health Commissioner Dr. Full Story
    Even to skeptics, the presidential campaign of Sen. Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS