• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013
     

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In

    NEWPORT — An unidentified caller made a threat to the Department of Children and... Full Story

    RANDOLPH CENTER — A Midwest farmer with an innovative approach to managing his dairy... Full Story

    SHARON — The Vermont Public Service Department recently announced the completion of an... Full Story

    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS