• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013
     

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER — The 22 water systems in Vermont that draw from Lake Champlain are participating in a... Full Story
    Last week, economists for the Shumlin administration released an economic forecast that predicts... Full Story
    WASHINGTON — It took Ted Cruz three months to raise $10 million for his campaign for president, a... Full Story
    Data: 5 dozen give third of all campaign cash
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS