• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER Maralina Moore tucked away the game-winning goal on a 20-yard free kick in the 68th... Full Story
    HARDWICK The fourth-seeded Wildcats were on their heels at halftime before rallying with a pair... Full Story
    BRISTOL Goals from Brynne Quirion, Kia Cormier and Kyle Marie Heckler helped the red-hot... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS