• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    SOUTH BURLINGTON Who needs to go into the wild to see a moose? Full Story
    BARRE The Vermont Foodbank is encouraging people visiting pick-your-own orchards to pick and... Full Story
    COLCHESTER Industrial hemp growers have harvested their second crop since the Vermont... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS