• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    ORFORD, N.H. — Max Carr’s golden goal 20 seconds into overtime lifted the No. 11 Wolves past the No. Full Story
    FAYSTON — Johnny Saffo scored a goal in each half to pace the No. Full Story
    ESSEX – The Hornets capped a season sweep over the Crimson Tide with Tuesday’s shutout victory in... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS