• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013
     

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE – The Raiders built a 13-1 halftime lead before shifting into cruise control Thursday... Full Story
    BERLIN ­— Police say a Waitsfield man trespassed at the Wal-Mart at the Berlin Mall Tuesday. Full Story
    BERLIN — Police are looking for a man who led them on a high-speed chase that ended when he drove... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS