• Police: Vt. teen’s death believed to be accidental
    February 27,2013

    ST. ALBANS — A candlelight vigil took place Tuesday night in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Organizers told the Burlington Free Press that the vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell took place Tuesday night at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

    Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

    Police said the investigation into Newell’s death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

    However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

    Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.

    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER Neither of the two top Republican seeking office in Vermont this fall agrees with... Full Story
    MONTPELIER Charges have been upgraded against two suspects in a deadly fire in Northfield last... Full Story
    STOWE Ten months after two sons of the founder of Burton Snowboards caused an accidental fire... Full Story
    More Articles
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS