• Pregnant Kate discharged from London hospital
    By
     | December 07,2012
     

    LONDON — The Duchess of Cambridge left a London hospital Thursday after being treated for acute morning sickness related to her pregnancy.

    Clutching a small bouquet of yellow roses, the former Kate Middleton smiled and posed briefly for a photograph alongside her husband, Prince William, before leaving King Edward VII Hospital. She stepped delicately into a waiting car.

    The couple’s office said she would head to Kensington Palace in London for a period of rest. She had been in the hospital since Monday. Officials from St. James’s Palace have said the duchess is not yet 12 weeks pregnant with the couple’s first child.

    William visited his wife at the hospital every day, while media from around the world camped outside, seeking any news on the royal pregnancy.

    Royal officials announced Monday that the Duchess was pregnant, their hand forced by her admission into the hospital.

    Her stay was complicated by a prank call by two disc jockeys that breached her privacy.

    Two Australian radio disc jockeys impersonating Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles placed a prank call to the hospital early Tuesday, and persuaded an unwitting nurse to tell them all about the Duchess’ condition.

    The duchess is married to the queen’s grandson, Prince William.

    Australian radio personalities Mel Greig and Michael Christian later apologized for the hoax — sheepishly noting that they were surprised that the call was put through and that their Australian accents were not detected.

    The royals have been the target of hoax callers before. Canadian disc jockey Pierre Brassard telephoned the queen in 1995, pretending to be Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

    MORE IN Wire News

    LOS ANGELES — It was a total knockout for Michael B. Full Story

    Michael B. Jordan wins big at NAACP Image Awards

    MIAMI — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon when... Full Story

    Astronaut Mitchell, 6th man on moon, dies

    LOS ANGELES — Authorities on Saturday called off the search for survivors of a midair... Full Story

    Search for possible survivors of midair crash suspended
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS