• Barre police still looking for gunman
    By
     | November 17,2012
     

    BARRE — A Brooklyn Street shooting suspect is still at large, according to local police.

    Police are looking for a man they believe shot Seth Parry, 20, in the shoulder around 5:30 p.m. on Thursday. The injury is said to be non-life threatening.

    The shooting happened at 59 Brooklyn Street, where court records show Parry lived. An eyewitness to the incident said he and Parry were walking near the apartment building on Brooklyn Street when a man dressed all in black and wearing a mask yelled to Parry, “Hey, woman beater.”

    The two men then started fighting, according to the witness, who said the gun went off shortly afterward and the masked man ran off on foot.

    Parry was supposed to be sentenced in Washington County criminal court in Barre Friday on crimes he admitted to last month, but since he was in the hospital the sentencing was pushed back two weeks.

    In October, Parry pleaded guilty to aggravated domestic assault, domestic assault, two violations of an abuse prevention order and two violations of conditions of release. He agreed to a sentence of 18 months to four years of preapproved furlough. He also agreed to enter the Intensive Domestic Abuse Program after 60 days on the work crew.

    For the aggravated domestic assault charge, the police affidavit says Parry, among other acts of violence, punched a female in the face, choked her four different times and slammed her head against a wall. He was also convicted of simple assault in 2011.

    MORE IN Central Vermont
    EAST MONTPELIER — At an East Montpelier Select Board meeting Monday night, discussion got heated... Full Story
    PLAINFIELD — Goddard College says it has become the first college or university in Vermont to... Full Story
    Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce in the market for a new executive as long-time CEO George... Full Story
    More Articles
  •  
     
    • MEDIA GALLERY 
    • VIDEOS
    • PHOTOS